So, I busted up my ankle pretty good wrestling. I have not done too much on it for the last 9 weeks. The last 3 weeks i have been in a boot. The X-ray came back clear. The MRI did not...I have 3 major tendons that have been torn. Doc says surgery using the Christian-snook method. It is a nonanatomical tenodesis. (Microscopic. he will split a ligament, and reattach it in two places.) He estamates 4-6 weeks recovery, and that I should be good to swim, bike and run no problem. Wrestling, will take another couple of weeks. Has anyone had this surgery? Set backs? advice? would you do it? why or why not?
The other option is sit in this boot for 8 more weeks, and hope that it heals...
I have a Surgery set for Nov 2nd, but i can change that if needed.
Let me know, oh, this is Austin, so you know...
4 comments:
Omigosh hahahaha i was picturing ashley saying all this stuff and i was like what the heck was she doing wrestling!! Anyways, that sucks, i don't know anything about surgery so I don't know what to tell ya
I was going to say...I never pictured Ashley as a wrestler, so it must be a recent sport choice, and then to have THIS happen?!
Anywho, I say do the surgery though I've never heard of anyone else doing it. Chris broke his ankle and just used a brace for it, and now it's totally messed up. Most likely totally different breaks (and his was from paintballing, not wrestling) but we would have done surgery if that would've been an option.
Hope that helps and most likely we'll be seeing you for Thanksgiving when we come to visit G&G!
HOLY SMOKES Austin!!! I am going to ask around and see if I know someone who is familiar with this procedure ...man ....
amputate it. Think of the posibilities...less drag in the water...sweet wheel chair...handicap parking...automatically get to move to the front of the line at amusement parks...endless opportunities.
Post a Comment