7.31.2009

Ramble and Ramble some more....

Can I just say, in my line of work. I see alot... ALOT of older people. And sometimes they are just so cute. When they hold hands or smile and giggle. Its totally makes you wonder what they were like when they were younger in the dating stage and first in love ya know? :) Cute.
Pandora is awesome.
Van Halen- Right now is playing right now.
:D

Im Boxing now.
Did I ever mention that? YES! I did. I remember now.
I have been to 4 classes so far.....i think 4.
And my coach thinks I have pretty good form.
I think it is weird that I have to call him "COACH".
To me it would seem like you would call them "coach" if it was this huge serious thing.
You know like in movies.
I don't know. I guess it is serious. But.. yeah. I don' t know.Let me know if I don't make any sense.
LOL
Anyway "COACH" laughed at me a bit with the Right Uppercut... I just don't get it
LOL.
So.. we will see about that.
I will try to avoid it as much as possible.
OH!I was put on the speed bag last Wednesday for a bit.
WOW.
I never realized how UNCOORDINATED I AM!
RIGHT WHEN I STARTED TO GET IT DOWN! the Bell would ring and I would have to switch hands.
DANG IT! :)
I am sure I will get it soon.
We are going to hang up a Speed bag and heavy bag so we can practice at home. :S
Great huh... oh well.
I can see it now...
me: "Hey babe, lets go do something"
*my mind thinking movie... dinner... an outing of some kind*
austin: "Sure great plan! Ill go get the gloves"
me: ??? "ok..."

Oh... can I add....
I hate jump rope now.
I will feel better when I can burn one.
After this training is over.
I will have complete satisfaction in throwing a jump rope into an open flame.
I can't believe I actually ENJOYED jumping rope as a kid.
I am getting into it again.
*Side note: OOOO! What about Love by Heart just came on!!
So what our warm up is
Jump Rope 2 min (ya know the hopping -
then switch to the Run in Place jump roap with KNEES UP HIGH for 1 min-
then drop and do situps for 1 min-
then up again for Jump Rope for 2 minute
then Run in place jump Rope KNEES HIGH for 1 min-
then Drop and do Crunches for 1 min
and then REPEAT.... over and over and over and over.... until he feels we can stop.
I mean it is good.........
That first day I hadn't picked up a jump rope since I was in second grade or so I swear so I wasn't that great.
but its all coming back to me now.
I can pretty much do the whole thing with very few mistakes.
Except the running in place one.

After the warm up of jumping rope. We then stretch. Then we shadow box for a bit. I feel really weird Shadow boxing.
Because you are boxing..... nothing really.
its just odd.
But when you get to the Heavy Bags that is really fun! :)
Because you actually get to see something so it isn't as awkward.

I leave class DRENCHED!
I have NEVER had my hair dripping with sweat before.
It is Totally gross.
I should take a picture sometime.
LOL
However I will need to get back into the the program once this training is over.
Boxing is a good work out but I still want to go through the certification process of being an instructor for that certain work out - I told you about it before, how I was in training to become (eventually) an instructor. Just because it would be awesome. Nothing else.
Austin hurt his ankle or whatever the other day in his MMA training.
I totally think Coffee becomes a mental thing.
Ya know how some people can't live without their morning coffee?
I was totally getting to that point in high school.
I loved Mochas.
Kaluha Mochas were my favorite from Baskin Robbins. LOL
Anyway.
I drank way way WAY to much when I was in High school.
Probably why I am so short...
Then I learned the health stuffs about coffee.
I remember that was a total bummer for me.
How there are things IN the coffee that actually prevent your body from being able to absorb the Iron, Calcium, Vitamen A, Vitaman B, and other certain minerals and vitamens you need on a daily basis.
It actually gets to the point where it starts taking away those things from your body too.
Let alone messes up your growth hormones.
And your cell gernerating.
Crazy how all that comes from coffee.
That isn't even from the caffeine!!
That is what is even more crazy about it!
And when you break down what caffeeine actually does to you.
Wow.
Plus... have you actually ever seen caffeine.
Nasty.
It looks like Hard Mold.
Thats part of the reason why I stopped drinking soda too.
Carbination is just horrible on your body.
Sad....
but man. In the end - to me - its just not worth it.
Like my dad doesn't eat french fries anymore because its not worth the time at the gym to work them off.
French Fries are still worth it to me :)
I love french fries.
So So so good. Mmm...
Especially Carls Jr
Chick-Filet fries
Arbys Curly fries
Red Robin Fries.
However that being said - we really don't eat out enough that it matters.
Let ALONE fast food.
Aside from Wednesday - I can't remember the time before that when I had fast food.
Wednesday - after boxing - we didn't have time to go home and have dinner.
We had some errands that had to get done.
So in our sweaty nasty glory we went to home depot and to drop of some things at peoples houses. :)
Around 9:30 we were starving and I didn't want to cook because by the time we would get home.... yeah.
I reminisced my 17 year old days when I was working at Penneys and I would have lunch break around 6:00 and I would drive to Carls Junior and get the Six Dollar Burger (that just came out at the time) and super size Dr. Pepper or Lemonade and fries.
I can't believe I ate that for lunch (technically dinner) almost every day while working at Penneys.
I remember the day that I bite in the burger and was so sick of it I threw the whole thing out and I haven't eaten at Carls Juniors since.
SINCE I WAS 17!!!
I will splurge on occasion.
Rare Occasion.
*side note: Open arms by Journey just came on :)
I am just not a huge fan of eating out.
It gets old really fast.
You know that feeling when you are in bowling shoes you KNOW they arn't you shoes?
or when your room mates would wear your shirt or something and hang it back in your closet before you would notice? or whatever?
You just KNOW something isn't right?
It is really annoying when people mess up my documents that I work on.
I draft legal documents as my job as a legal assistant.
And it really urkes me when people go in and change the formatting that I like.
*side Note: Journey Separate Ways just came on
I love Journey.
We went to their concert not to long ago and were in the 2nd row up front and center.
It was freaking awesome.
However I do wish Steve Perry would come back.
I remember watching this thing on VH1 about the last 50 years best male vocalists.
And I couldn't believe that they had David Bowie on there and NOT Steve Perry.
David Bowie of all people.
I don't know what they were thinking there.
I mean I agreed with a bunch of their picks. BUt a few were like... umm... what? ok.... :S
I realize my posts may be somewhat boring lately.
Sorry.
We have been a tad bit busy.
And not really doing anything to fun or exciting.
And the fun and exciting things we are doing... I can't take pictures. yet. I will bringing my camera in the next few training classes because I want some pictures of the gym and us working out. :) And of our coaches being coaches. :)
Runaway by Bon Jovi
Dream on by Aerosmith
Still havn't found what Im Looking for by U2
Pour some Sugar on me by Def Leppard
are AWESOME ....
I want to go to a concert.
I miss them.
I wonder what will be out....
Green Day is Aug 24... That would be fun.
I like their concerts.... except the drunk bunny kinda irritated me.
August 31 is Hinder, Nickelback and Papa Roach. That would be a fun one!
I think I want to go blonde again....
I had to go to the court today - to file a family law case.
It is really interesting the people you see there.
You can't at all ever judge by sterotype at a court house.
That probably sounds super funny.
But its true.
Ok So there was this lady... wearing... I don't know. A fancy moo-moo or something. She was older. But man alive she was tweaked out! Kinda like... Thats why I don't do drugs.... kinda image.
And there was this guy who was COVERED in different peircings and tattoos. Who was playing with a little boy (my guess his son) as if that little boy was the best thing in the world. (he was there for a traffic case is my guess based on the line he was standing in) and there was this Mom lady who was dress niced with a kid kept being all rude and freaking out towards her kid.
Its odd.
Oh Jess I waved at you by the way and I don't think you saw me. You were pretty busy.
Anyway.

I actually don't mind going to the court to file stuff. Its a nice little break. Nicer if I know a head of time so I can bring a book to read while I wait.
USUALLY you have to wait forever. Today I was lucky and barely had to wait at all. Nice eh?

anyway... ok. I am going to go do something productive :)

4 comments:

DNF (Hammer) said...

.............I love you ashley................lol

DNF (Hammer) said...

Dang it! i didnt sign in with my account...so just incase you were wondering that comment was from me (Jamie) not matt...lol

--Heather-- said...

I love that you say what you are thinking... My mind wanders too! Bowing for fun huh, I don't know if that could happen?!

Kristine said...

Ashley ... there is so much to respond to in this rambling ... I guess I would like to first say (cue Rocky Theme song) da da dadada da da dadada ... go Ashley! You boxing warrior princess! Second ... isn't it funny that for forever Heavenly Father has told us these things were bad for us even before they had proof why ... and now they do ... glad I didn't know you drank coffee in high school though ... that would have made me sad ... and I agree with you ... WHY wasn't Steve Perry on the list for heavens sake ... I am sure I can comment more, but this is becoming an epistle ... so I will just say LOVE you honey! :D