9.11.2008

9/11

On my way into work this morning I heard them talking about 9/11 on the radio. It a Girl called in who was in 7th grade when it happened and she live in Pennsylvania. She was talking about how it was at school. It got me to thinking. I TOTALLY remember that day.

I woke up late, and Darin was watching the news- I had to run to school so I blew it off. When I got to my school I went inside and it was dead. There was no one anywhere. When I got to my class it was stuffed. People were sitting on desks, sitting on groups on the floor all Glued to the TV. The PA went on and it announced that the theater rooms had the projectors up, so everyone sorta separated and got to a room. When it happened. The second plane crashed into the World Trade Center. I could not believe my eyes. It was unreal. To Imagine that something like that would actually happen to our country this day and age is insane. People started crying in shock. No one knowing what to do. People getting their cell phones calling friends/family all over the country. Someones Dad was actually in New York for business at the time. We saw the explotions, we saw the falling we saw nothing but the news that entire day. Even when I got to work (at JC Penneys) they had mini TVs at every register for us to watch. And there was no one in the mall. Maybe 15 people. It was crazy. They ended up letting us leave. And we saw how our country was a support for each other. It is sad how it slowly started wareing off.

I remember feeling anger and hate as to why anyone would do this to our country. And I remember feeling so glad President Bush was going to put a stop to it. I remember friends who couldn't wait to be 18 so they could sign up for the army and be apart of the wonderfulness of this county and fight for everything it represents. I remember talking to friends years later and they were happy to go to Iraq and be a support to our country.








This is worth looking at- CLICK HERE - it is a slide show from Newsweek.

HIT PAUSE ON THE MUSIC ABOVE BEFORE WATCHING THIS VIDEO- this is a must watch

3 comments:

The Elmers said...

Yeah, I remember everything about that day too!!! I remember being in the car on my way to a friends house listening to 107.9 and they were talking about it...the first crash. I ran into her house and into her room to wake her up, we turned on her tv and the second plane hit! We just sat and cried! I think almost all of us can remember that day and the feelings we had. It seemed soooo personal...I didn't know anyone in the towers thank gosh, but it felt as though I did! Good post Ashley!! Thanks for reminding us of the unity we should ALWAYS feel!!!

Kristine said...

I remember crying that whole day. But I also remember how the whole country turned to God for strength and support and for a time put all bickering aside and came together. I think that people forget that 9/11 is why we are over in Iraq even to this day ...

Thanks for the post honey. Good one.

Love you,

Pallas said...

You know I reflected about this today with my students. Most of them were in 4th and 5th grade and didn't remember it a whole lot. But it was good to talk about it with them! Great Post Ashley! Thanks for always commenting on my blog too!