8.17.2008

Saturday is a CRAZY day...

Saturday was crazy and fun. :) I unforunatly got NO pictures of us that day. Left the mini camera at home. But, fun insane day.


It was Rocklin Stake Temple day. ALL DAY! Austin and I signed up for a 5:00 session. And then a few days ago we got a call and they asked us if we would mind helping with the 12:30 Youth Baptisms for a while. And let me say I have a NEW FOUND RESPECT for those little old ladies who pass out towels. Seriously. My Feet in the little socks that they had me wear (to prevent slipping) were wet, so they got cold. Plus Standing on tile for SO LONG. We didn't leave that until 4:20 so we could go get something to eat. We were starving. And had only had a bowl of cereal that morning.



We went to eat at Old Spaghetti Factory. YUMMY STUFF! :) I got something I have NEVER ordered. And I NEVER do that. Every time I go to Spaghetti Factory I ALWAYS order the Spinach Tortellini with Cream Sauce. WELL Today I was adventurous I guess. Because I ordered some Menitzo Cheese with Brown Butter and angel hair. It really hit the spot. Very good. And Let me say that I LOVE the creamy Pesto salad dressing. I have made it before but theirs is just so yummy.

Anyway we went back to the temple and were able to make it in time for our session. And actually saw many friends there. :) It was really fun.


Afterwards we went to Dinner with Dave and Megan to Tahoe Joes. I had never eaten there before. It was good only, I wasn't in a red meat mood. So I ordered the pork chops. :) and my word! THAT WAS HUGE! Seriously. Anyway, It was good but no way could I have eaten all of that!

All in all it was a FUN day :) We got home around 11:30 and I started to read my book, when Austin and I decided that we should probably try and watch the 24 series. A little background... My Uncle Greg and his ENTIRE family is obsessed with that show HA HA telling how amazing it is and everything, so they lent us Season One on DVD to watch mean while ASSURING us that we would for sure be up for 2 days watching it because it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop watching.... Well... No Offense, but Can we say BAD ACTING! NOT BELIEVABLE! And OVER THE TOP (ha ha, I am glad they like it, but... I take pride in my knowledge of drama....)
And that was my argument from DAY ONE of why I never watched it. I saw a random episode in the middle of some season (I knew that the entire season was just one day) I don't care what job you have. NO WAY is ANYONE going to have their daughter kidnaped, strapped to bombs, wife raped and murdered, Have his boss who he THOUGHT was dead come back to life and actually be this horrible person who is setting him up for something, then have him loose his job, but also can't leave his job due to some weird commitment issue, and on top of it all have a hospital of children explode because he didn't push the magic button....NO WAY WOULD THAT EVER HAPPEN within a 45 minute period of time of REAL NON TV life. (...ha ha watch that will all probably happen to me now just because I said that...)

So we easily watched an episode and went to bed. Thinking.... "Huh... interesting...Well Good night! "
We will probably be criticized for all of that, however again IF YOU LIKE IT! Awesome. Keep on liking it :)
Have a good day!

9 comments:

Kristine said...

Wow! What a day! Busy fun though! I have never watched 24 ... but I think I would agree with you. Not my cup of tea. I know that Dave and Casi are addicted to that show too. I just never felt the urge. I am more of a NCIS ... Bones ... kind of gal.

I have never been to Spaghetti Factory. I will have to try that. I have never been to Trader Joe's either. In fact, I have never HEARD of Trader Joe's ... but that could be because I live in Overton :S

Love you,

mom

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

TAHOE Joes, You have head of Trader Joes.... I talk about Trader Joes everytime you come up to visit :) but TAHOE joes is different :)

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

OH and yes I like CSI- Vegas and Law and order... they might not be so much drama, BUT THEY ARE 90% REAL!!
so very good :)

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

I never got why they have Tahoe Joes and Trader joes names so similar.... (sorry I am writing to many comments on my own post HAHA :)

Kristine said...

I agree with you ... they shouldn't try to confuse simple minded folk like myself ... :D At least you know what I meant. And I agree with you on the CSI, Vegas, and Law and Order. I like those too. :D

Jeff Olsen said...

24 is sooo good!!!! I can't believe you didn't like it. I would like to find out what shows you think are good...because 24 is hard to beat. Top 5 for me would be: The Office, Lost, 24, Heroes,
Firefly, Greys, Chuck, Battlestar Galactica (don't knock it till you try it)...ok that is more than 5, but they are all great!

Megan said...

We had so much fun with you guys! We will have to do it again soon! And as far as me getting tomorrow night off it doesn't look like it is gonna happen:( We will just have to postpone our game night for another day:(

Aubrey said...

Sounds like a great day! I've never been one to get into 24 either. Sounds a little intense if you take it seriously.

The Elmers said...

Fun stuff. I would have liked to have been able to go do a session that day...but...I was a little busy ;) And everyone always raves about that show, it's nice to hear something other then that...