As most of you may know.... I was going to continue reading the Julias Chocolates by Cathy Lamb. Although the first 100 pages had a few scenes that were somewhat uncomfortable with some detailed abuse.
My thoughts were just...."I am already 100 pages in!!" so I continued. And it is actually getting better. Julia is not getting as descriptive about her abuse and I think it is because she is finally finding happiness in her life. So I am now at page 200. I stopped reading AS FAST as I was because of the disappointment earlier with the first 100 pages I read my first day..... But last night I Picked it back up and...well... I read alot. MAINLY BECAUSE I couldn't sleep ...... our AC died!! UGH! so... I read until I felt tired enough that I could ignore the heat....what I don't seem to understand is... WHY IS IT ONLY NOT WORKING IN OUR BEDROOM! The rest of the house stays nice and cool! I was tempted to leave Austin in our bed and go into the Guest room upstairs. LOL...I guess that makes me a horrible wife. He says that bed hurts his back because it is to soft. So he won't sleep up there. BUT I stayed with my husband. ANYWAY that really had nothing to do with anything.
So I am feeling better about Julias Chocolates. Which is making me happier since I didn't want to have wasted that first 100 pages.
After I am done reading Julias I am grabing onto our book clubs August book Memory Keepers daughter. Unfortunatly I am not one of those people who can read 3 books all at the same time. MY MOTHER IN LAW SERIOUSLY ALWAYS HAVE 5 BOOKS GOING ON AT THE SAME TIME! And she reads them all within a very short about of time! It is crazy how she does it!
Anyway... OH ANNOUNCMENT!! I have broke. AFTER MEMORY KEEPERS DAUGHTER My Free time book will be the TWILIGHT. I have to admit I am kinda excited about it. I don't know how I am going to do it though. I will probably end up getting it on CD and listen to it while doing my homework. Since I will be in School Shortly. UGH. THERE GOES ALL MY FREE TIME! Why does it seem that Summer ends so fast! So I will be working 8am to 5pm going to school from 6pm to 10pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. But I am super excited about my classes. So I really am not complaining.
Anyway that was just a fun quick little writing. :) Have a good night!
1 comment:
You will have to tell me if you like the book trilogy that you will be reading in the month of August. I love reading. You get to imagine how they look and how things look using your inner eye. Love it.
Love you,
mom
Post a Comment