So... here is some history on the Subject...... I joined a Book Club.
It started This Month. With the Book The Sugar Queen.
Discussion is at the End of the Month. In Two Weeks..... Hosted By Robyn.
Ok, So this past Wednesday (16th) I hadn't started the book yet...... I know it is horrible....since I am probably the only one who hadn't started/finished it yet. BUT There have been a lot of things going on... I don't understand what it is, but once summer starts, all of a sudden ALL THESE THINGS HAPPEN and take your time!
anyway... So I called Barnes and Noble - they had the book - After work I stopped by on my way to the Sac Temple and pick it up - Go Pick up Austin from work so we could drive together - and I could start the reading. Ha ha
However something happened at Barnes and Noble.... I thought it was very enticing.
A Barnes and Noble Membership..... You get discounts on best sellers, new books, hard backs, and pretty much everything. So.. SCORE right?
I figured that since I am in a book club I will be needing a lot of books... so discounts will probably be awesome. PLUS if I wanted to get away from the house and read at the Barnes and Noble.... the membership gives discounts at the café too... OOOOooo...
Hello books, quiet, and yummy strawberry smoothies.... ;)
Dun Dun Dun.... Ashley... with her Membership Card...
So you could say that I am proud of myself. I have NEVER been one to enjoy reading. I wanted to join the book club so I could have a joy in reading. Because I know... Reading is a wonderful gift. And I am a good reader. I just don't like it. Because seriously... I was not kidding. I have not read a book since High school. And NOPE!!! Havn't read the Twilight series either.... But I am trying to get back into it. So Wish me luck HA HA :)
I know this is probably a really sad post. but... sometimes the truth of it all is sad. But I am excited anyhow. :)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh I am so with you on this one! I don't think I have finished a book since high school either! Well...with the exception of the B of M! I really need to find a new good book to read! I have never been much of a reader but now is probably a good time to start!
OH IF YOU WANT TO DO IT LET ME KNOW! It is an online book club and that would be fun for you to join! :)
Hey Ashley where are you?...outta town? Where are your posts woman!! haha ;)
Post a Comment