6.08.2008

Monterey CA!!

We were able to go and play in Monterey for INSURANCE MEETINGS!!! All of Austins office went together. So What I was thinking was it was some seminar thing where they had some Guru of Insurance lecture about insurance. HOWEVER I WAS WRONG!! But you will see later. So, we started our trip and made the journey down. We left at 7:30 and got to there around 9:45, however we had some interesting directions that didn't take us anywhere near where we sere suppose to go. So Austin was a little late. :S Oh well. And Austins First meeting was on the golf Course (HA HA) it was SUPER windy... it was actually pretty funny to think about everyone golfing together, because it was So windy! The little canals on the side of water were white tipping. Is that what it is called? Anyway I wasn't myself that day and DIDN'T take the camera out the whole drive. but it was CRAZY Windy. Anyway While Austin went off a golfing, all us ladies went SHOPPING and I found an amazing Store called Lucy's. It was awesome. I got stuff from there. But the mall we went to was SO awesome! And it was so fun going on "Business Shopping" and "Business lunch" Here are all the Ladies :)



To that Is J.D. (Logans Wife) (or Jaydee, I am not sure how she spells it) Melanie (Chris' wife), Mindy (Chad's wife), Myself (Austins Wife), And Christy (Healths Wife)



After shopping, we met up back at our Hotel, and the Boys were getting Ready to go get pictures taken with the Speaker of the evening Newt Gangerich (sp?) he is some politician :) Which was weird to me because I didn't understand what a politician would know about insurance. HA HA So once getting ready The we all met at the "Meeting Spot" which was this little hallway and walked down to the ball room for the Dinner and Speech. Also to mix and mingle with other insurance brokers. Good time I must say.

The Speech by Newt had nothing to do with insurance. He was actually discussing his belief system for our country. I thought it was an amzing speech and SOO funny. :) if I could get a copy of it I would. I loved it. The only thing I didn't really appreciate was the changing the rocky mountains. But... it made sense. But I am an animal/tree hugger. So I am having a hard time with it. but he really was a great speaker. Anyway, after the speech there was 15 minutes of discussing the numbers of insurance. and then it was DINNER TIME. They brought out these AMAZING rolls! Mine was this wheat, sunflower seed, poppy seed, misc seeds roll. IT WAS SO YUMMY. And then they brought out our appitizer. Which was a somewhat spicy spaghetti, freshly squished tomatos for the sause, topped with a fresh pesto. It was actually really good, and the little spice was a good little kick. After that, was the most amazing salad in teh WORLD! :) Spinach salad with a honey mustard type dressing, strawberries, and pecans. So simple and so good. I don't know what made it different. But it really was so good. After the salad they brought out our main dish which was Filet Mingion and a side dish or fresh grown baby carrots and red and new mashed potatos. IT WAS SO SO GOOD. Then we received our dessert. Which was a plate with 3 bite size RICH desserts. A Chocolate Brownie, A chocolate moose Chrisp, and A White chocolate and Rasberry flan type dessert. We the RUSHED out of there to make our movie INDIANNA JONES! So that was awesome! I was stuck though, like I liked the movie but it was just this battle within myself because he is old now. :( oh well. It really was good.

When we got back to our hotel, we couldn't sleep it was such a long fun day. So when it got to be around 1 am we decided to go on an excursion for food. HAHA So here is us taking a picture of the clock before went out. HA HA my head is in the way... sorry.

Roaming the Halls..... Isn't it romantic...... We don't look to bad for it being so late.. ha ha
Ok these elevators were SOOO tiny. You couldn't fit more than 3 people in them. And that was SQUISHING. But it made your short ride from 3rd floor to 1st so intimate :)
So we got to the lobby and they had closed their kitchens and the vending machines were locked up!! I honestly dont know why they would lock those up. It was depressing. Anyway, there was a bar that was open. But we were in our jammies and not looking as cute as all the drunk insurance ladies and insurance reps leaving with people they met at the big meeting. WHO KNEW THAT INSURANCE MEETINGS COULD BE A PLACE TO MEET SOMEONE! :) Anyway so we asked the lady at the desk were we could go for food, and she gave us this map for a Denny's. NO THANKS I didn't want THAT much food. So... it was a nice jesture but we just went back to bed. After all we have a BIG day tomorrow :) ha ha

Here is me pointing to where Dennys would be.... :)
So walking back to our ROom Austin thought it would be SO much faster to go in the building NEXT to ours walk up the stairs and get to our room that way instead of the elevator. So.. Why not. WE TRIED IT! Here is us in teh stair well at floor 1. WE are SUPER excited to go UP the stairs!!


AHHHH!!! Going up stairs! at 1am!!! WAHOOOO!!
Hello little Austin who is falling behind.... hee hee
PHEW!! WE made it!!! My word! What a work out!!! (ha ha)
So... I don't know exactly how this happened, I swear that we went to the movies AFTER... but the order of pictures can not lie. So... Hmm.... OH! He found his tickets in his pocket from Indianna HA HA ok, I was confused, This is still at 1 am. HA HA

DAY TWO!! CARMEL!!
We all drove down to Carmel for this SUPER yummy Breakfast! At Em Le's :)
Logan And J.D.
Melanie and Chris
Chad and Mindy
Christy and Health
I am not sure who these people are.....
This was SUCH a cute and SOOOOO GOOD little place. Locally owned by a Family. And the 8 of us almost took up all the tables. It was crazy cute!
Here is everyone in front of the place :) It looks cute huh!! :)
Health, Christy, Chad, Mindy, Austin, myself, Melanie, Chris, Logan and J.D.

Hmm... Ashley likes to play with the camera... ha ha Cute little place in Carmel!! LOVE IT!
Sisters IN Law J.D. and Christy
Melanie and Not Paying Attention Chris
Surprised Heath and Pose Ready Chad
Logan wondering why I keep clicking away at the camera
The Girls Getting ready to take a pic in the cute Door Way :)
We are all the cutest wives of insurance Brokers there ever were :)

Austin Sporting his Home Town :) (by Force ha ha sorry babe it was cute except the DISTAIN in your face ha ha)
Ok So this is kinda silly, but I am SOOOO going to make a hallway like this SOMEWHERE In my house!! It was so cute!! With Ivy and Twinkle lights and everything, :) This lead to a little Library place. It was so cute!
BEACH!!!!! Gotta Love it! Except it was cold! BUt I wasn't in the mood to swim anyway :)
I told Austin we should run away from waves, and this is him running ha ha they weren't going very fast.
I still have to run for the fun of it.... well at least jog ha ha
WAHOO SELF TIMER ON LITTLE POINT AND SHOOT!
We hung out with Chad and Mindy a huge portion of the rest of the day driving around and stuff. :) It was fun! Look at all the Vista Points we stopped at!!
looking good...
wahoo ocean pic!

OK this it just ideal. :) It reminded me of Sarah Plain and Tall (with Glen Close) all teh sand and the fence and being on teh beach and all :)
AT THE WARF BABY! Totally different than san fran.....

Getting Treats to go and see IRON MAN!!!!! These Chips (all rice works) are amazing.....

So that was our awesome weekend, HA HA It has been forever since I have been super busy but I was able to load up my pictures today ha ha FINALLY :)
Love ya all! Talk to you later!

11 comments:

Melanie said...

yay!!!! You posted the pics! So I was thinking it might be easier if you just sent Austin with the camera to work and Chris could snag the Monterey pictures and download them to a zipdrive or something. Anyway, cute pics!

Megan said...

what a fun weekend! and a nice business right off, too ;) always a good thing!

bren said...

Your Monterey trip looks so fun! Seems like you've had a lot of fun adventures lately. Oh and I also really like your bangs in these pictures.

So did you get your D80 yet? If so, how are you liking it?

Darin and Kristine said...

Hi honey! It looks like you had a GREAT time! I love Carmel and Monterey. Darin and I went there for our honeymoon for a few days and loved it. I agree with you about the Sarah Plain and Tall comment. So peaceful .... (sigh) Anyway... loved your post honey and love you!

mom

Dave and Casi said...

Ok, you two are so way cute with the camera and pictures. I finally had time to sit down and check out your blog ..... and ... wow!! So when do we get a visit down here in SO CA?..lol j/k (altough we do have Disneyland....lol)

Ben & Kirsten said...

YAY I love your blog! I have missed seeing posts! You guys just inspire me to want to travel all over California! You have WAY too much fun together! :)

Robyn said...

Send me your email address to robynrowley@gmail.com so that I can add you to bookclub blog. when and if you want to be part you can! Looks like you guys had a blast on your trip! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

FUN FUN! So jealous! Looks like a blast! And you are super blogger!!! That's a lot of great pics and descriptions...you go girl :)

bren said...

Hey, let me know how your wood projects go. Post pictures of the finished product! :)

Also, unfortunately I have to get a new lense for my camera. I am so mad. But that's life. I just need to get it soon because I am taking pictures for someone else. Plus, I'm just antsy without my camera! I love it!

Thanks for the comments & compliments on my blog, you're so nice!

The Elmers said...

Ok, I'm jealous, how fun!!! Way cute pics too!

I had fun last night! Glad we broke ya into your first brazilian restaurant!!! Yummy!!!!

Mr.Crisp said...

hahahaha, comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment, really good chips, comment comment comment, you broke you sunglasses, comment.