5.05.2008

Another Saturday Project! WOO WOO!

OK So my Project this past Saturday was the "Snowboard" room. I was WAY to embarrassed to show the rest of it...... But this is bad enough. I should have just take more pictures. BUT JUST KNOW that I have organized this room at the very least 3 times since we have been married and certain peoples whether they be live in roommates for a small period of time or have the initials of AUSTIN (my cute husband who I love dearly), it just kept looking like this. So honestly I had it, NO MORE! So This room is no longer EVER going to be use for storage and dumping :) It is now a guest room that we can call our Snowboard room. :) And Someday we will paint over the Pink Flower Wall paper, but that will have to come later. That is Far down the list of Priorities :) BUT Cool thing, Since it is a BOY room and for snowboard, I thought the colors of the room would look really cool in Blue, Orange, and Green. I found awesome bedding at Ikea and a rug and everything that would be PERECT! but again, LAST on the priority list. Anyway, While cleaning I noticed something, when the prior owners put up the wood looking stuff on the wall, they just covered the paint. And the paint it LIME GREEN! How awesome is that! ha ha it made me laugh :) anyway here are the BEFORE and AFTER pictures :)
BEFORE:
OH really Quick, here are some interesting findings that I came accorss while cleaning this room. :)
THIS Golf ball is actually mine.
HA HA (yes I had A box in there too... but it was only one, this must have just rolled in here or something)
ANYWAY- So one of my very best friends (Erica) and I thought that we should go out and do something. It was pretty late but we still were really bored and wanted to do something, so we called up her boy friend at the time Zach and asked if we could go play mid night golf on the golf course he lived on. So I called up Chase (another best friend of mine) and asked if he wanted to join us HA HA, so we all went to walmart (24/7 baby, yeah!!!) and were looking for glow in the dark Golf balls. Well, we couldn't find any, so we got regular ones and then glow in the dark paint. Well anyone who has ever gotten the paint before knows it is horrible!! It said after the paint dried it needed to sit in sunlight for like 24 hours or so, and that is just insane. Anyway, we tried playing with we had painted so far, and they didn't glow very much but it was so much fun anyway. Mainly because we are all extremely fun people who always have fun no matter what. Ha ha. Sorry, I know this is a long story but yeah, it was funny running into this. I honestly don't even know how it got there.... but oh well. Good times good times. :) I immediatly texted Chase laughing. and actually sent him this picture. HA HA
MORE interesting finds. Ok this one is kinda scary..... When Austin and I were dating, (as most of you know he lived in the house with other guy room mates prior and actually this now snowboard room was his room back in the day ha ha) it was our 11 month anniversary and ALSO Valentines day. So I thought I would do something SUPER special. I made a path/trail from the front door, to his bathroom and bedroom COVERING the floor (in that path) in this Confetti and Kissy marks (it took me forever and alot of lipstick to kiss all those paper circles....) and then filled his room and hung ALL over the walls with the glow in the dark stars and balloons. So... while cleaning I found this confetti and kissy marks AND stars LEFT OVER from Valentines day 2005. Insane huh!!!! Boys really don't clean out that much. But it is ok :) That is why I did it :) Now If I could only find the CTR ring Austin misplaced in his room at the time.... Oh that is just a cute little bug and one of my bracelettes from when Erica and I were living together HA HA Remember those babe? :)
This is my kitty as I am slaving away cleaning this room. He got all nice and comfy on the feather bed. He is so cute. :)
ALRIGHT! Shot Number one of the after!! (oh I hung up all of Austins old posters too, however that is my no parking sign. :) ) OH and those shelves won't be there, but I have to finish organizing the Craft room. (I will talk more about that later)
The Wall, THE DESK IS GONE! I called Matt and Jamie to see if it would be ok to move the desk and they were fine with it! So where the bench is now (that Lee made Austin for a Present, perfect for a snow baord room huh! we have one more snow board that is REALLY beat up so we are going to saw it in half and make two shelves for the room, that will look awesome) is where the desk used to be! (since this is Matt and Jamies house, and I thought the desk that was in there was Austins, but it turned out to be Matts, so before I continued cleaning the room I wanted to see if Matt and Jamie wanted us to do anything with the desk and they don't even want it! so that was awesome!)
OK So This next picture, :) I cleaned off the Obvious BOY dresser thing and put a T.V. on top that will have full access to our Snow board video (that I still need to post, sorry about that) we had made :) With David Perry of course :) and then there is my board and Austin's second one :)

And I took this picture from the same angle that I took the BEFORE shot :) as you can tell the Door can be opened ALL THE WAY :) and it looks So much cleaner :) I am very happy with myself :)
Oh and I hung this picture on the wall. My Grandpa painted it FOREVER ago. :) When he was in classes, it is a picture of Mt. Hood. AN AMAZING mountain to board on (apparently I have never been there) but also very fitting :) I am going to get it framed and everything, but that will have to wait a little while.


So the only thing you didn't get to see is how I made up the bed HA HA I made it with Austin's bedding from before we got married :) So, very VERY boyish. It is awesome I like the way it all turned out. It is just a fun place to be. Austin actually went in there the other day as he ate his cereal. Just sitting on the bench and enjoying his surroundings :) I took that as a compliment :) Every guy needs a place they can unwind ya know :)
And Also, It is nice to have another room that is fit for the public :) ha ha

After I finished this room, I went out that sliding glass window and Blew off the deck with a blower. I swear there was like 3 inches of Mulch all over, and I un-covered some holes in the deck so it is a good thing that we never stepped in them HA HA :) I also trimmed the branches on the trees, the looked like there were tired of holding up such heavy branches. So the trees look much nicer now, and the deck is TONS cleaner too :)
And my Craft room is half way done! :) And I didn't take any before pictures, :( But it was almost as bad as the one of this before picture. Which I don't understand since I had that thing SPICK AND SPAN before Eric moved in. So again, NO DUMPING ANYMORE! Things will be put away. Because quick fixes end up being Saturday projects for me later HA HA.

Ok Love you all! Sorry you had to see all of that HA HA
We really arn't slobs, I promise :)

PS My Birthday is May 9th, so no one has missed it I was going to have a birthday party, but there is jsut to much going on, so... my b-day will be put on hold for right now. Unless all of you would be fine celebrating it with me in June HA HA :)

7 comments:

Kristine said...

WOW!!!! I didn't even recognize the room honey! It is beautiful!!! What a nice room. You would have never known that before.

Love you,

mom

Darin said...

Did you guys move, and I didn't know?
Looks real good.

Love,

Darin

kaelyn&bryan said...

What a difference! I love the feeling of being in a freshly cleaned room!

Aww I hope you get to celebrate your birthday!! May is a very busy month..

Happy early birthday!!!

bren said...

Wow, the room looks way different. I love organizing, it's refreshing when everything is done! Looks like a cool room.

Jamie said...

Wow! The room looks AMAZING! gOOD JOB Ash. I especially love the posters against that lovely wall paper. HaHa
No, but seriously it looks great!

Bess Family said...

It was so fun to hear from you!! Looks like you guys had a project yourselves! it looks Great!

The Elmers said...

Go You!!! YOu were busy!!! That sounds so nice though...it feels so good to get organized!! Good job!