12.04.2007

R&K Bookstore


This was the OLD sign for my Grandma and Grandpa's store before he passed away. It is still up. I love being able to go by and see this there. Even though the old sign was put in the back entrance, but still. :) I played there when I was little all the time. When I was about 4 or 5 my Cousin Braden and I sold the Bookmarks my Grandpa gave out for Free for 25 cents each :) The funnier part is we set up our "Store" on one of the Bookshelves in the middle of the store. :) My Grandpa walked around the Corner and laughed at us, it was so funny!
There was also this Red Lace Table Cloth that I would take from my Grandmas display and put on my head and dance around the store, and call myself a Princess. and I would always get annoyed with people if the bumped me and my crown (which was actually.... some plastic thing I wore on top of the Red Lace Table cloth)
Good times :)

2 comments:

Darin and Kristine said...

Isn't it wonderful that you can have such fond memories of ... WORKING??? Heh heh heh
Your grandpa was a good man.

Love you honey

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

yes he was... :) one of the greatest :)

I know... I have been working since.. I guess I was 4 or 5 HA HA But man can I sell!! :)

That is where I got my training. If I can sell people FREE book marks, and then Sell All My Candy Bars from the Kindergarten Fundraiser while you and Darin are in Tithe Settlement... I must be good.. HA HA