4.01.2009

So GUESS WHAT!

I am sure you are going to guess the BIG NEWS before you are finished reading this.... but here is the story anyway HA HA

So, as most of you know - I have been freaking out about getting preggo. Terrified is to be more exact. Chatting with friends about it and wanting to cry about the fact that panties that go up to your boobs are a laughable necessity, and water bottles with a good temperature of water when going to the bathroom..... along with other scary things.....

For those of you who don't know I started getting really nervous (and Austin started getting really excited to be funny) that I was pregnant... ya know? with certain things amiss... it was getting even more so nerve racking.

So to calm me down a bit I called my Dr. and the nurse lady I had to talk to first was all "CONGRATS HONEY!" My thoughts were to tell her I was 15 and didn't want to tell my parents, but I figured she had all my info on her computer screen so it wouldn't do to lie about it.
So I just chatted a bit and let her over enthused happiness attempt to calm my nerves. It was nice... a bit. but didn't really calm me down. I was still in the unknown. I hadn't done any tests yet or anything. Scared at the attempt of starting rumors. Last time I was looking at Baby supplies (for a baby shower) I ran into a friend and he thought I was preggo and congratulating me and saying things like it was about time and so on and so forth....

WEll, I could only imagine my luck the day that I would be buying Preggo tests! I would probably run into the whole ward and every friend from high school! (even as unlikely as that would be...)

Austin really didn't think I was pregnant, but he had fun playing around with me. So he goes and gets a test on a lunch break, and snuck it home for me.

Who knew a pink lines could be so scary.



So I went to the doctor last week, ya know for the first visit...

Austin and I were surprised. Never knew this would happen with out us knowing it was going to happen ya know? I always like to plan. :S

So against all my better judgment of not having a baby in any other month other than June, July, August..... looks like we will have a baby in November.

So, we are getting excited, until I started thinking about it some more. I need to stop doing that.... So just to be careful we thought that we would keep it to ourselves for a while. And I guess who ever reads this first is the first to know (sorry mom... better get on your blogging habbit again... ha ha sorry I will call in a bit.)

So lots of questions now... Do I move back to be near my family? Austins job is here, but my mom isn't here. And it is my first baby. So... hmm.. OR do I schedule the birth date so everyone can be here that I need here. Good news tho, I do have friends who are preggo right now so I won't be ALONE alone.

So yeah! :) Exciting exciting!

oh yeah, side note, did you pay attention to the date?

(this was posted on 4-1-09......april fools.....I apparently got alot of people ha ha sorry- i will have to study up on the boy who cried wolf if i ever want anyone to believe me when I am preggo LOL)

16 comments:

kaelyn&bryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kaelyn&bryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristine said...

LOL!!!! You got me for a minute there honey. :D I know your love for pulling April Fools jokes, but you had me going until the last minute :D

Deb said...

I’ve been fooled by one too many pregnancy announcements on April 1st, so I was cynical but wondering as I read the whole blog post. Then I got to the part about how you would call your mom in a bit and I thought, no way! You would totally call your mom before you blog. The jig was up! Ha ha. Your post was totally believable until that part, though! Can’t wait for the real announcement. ; )

SHO'NUF said...

very funny, that was a good one babe, I hope a lot more people read that, it was a good teaser. So, now when do we tell them the truth?

Natalie said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!

I would be giving you tons of advice (and warning) that you're now going to get tons of advice and to do what YOU want to do, but that would contradict myself and I wouldn't do that to you.

So, good job and have LOTS of fun (not advice, just congratulations)

Natalie said...

Uhhhh....I just got the "did you check the date" thing....man, I am SO gullible!

Sigh. Just save the comment above for the real deal....

Megan said...

I was really excited there for a minute darn it! Seriously just hurry and get pregnant so I am not alone...please!!! It will be fun;)

Miller Family said...

That was a mean joke!! I was so excited! Good one though, you got me.

Lowe Down said...

You totally got me there! And i was so excited! Ok so i think you REALLY are pregnant and just using the April fools as a cover up!! Just kidding! I think all the girls in the ward should be prego together!!!!

The Elmers said...

You had me fooled too! I forgot it was even April Fools haha! Oh well...I will just wait for the real announcement :)

JustLivingMYLife said...

hehe go ash! you really got a lot of people with this haha
im glad you used the pic, i think that helped it be more believable ;) hahaha
love ya

Robyn said...

Ha!!! I didn't believe that for one second, especially because I remembered your post from last year making me think your were pregnant or something saying you had a new addition to the family with your dog or something! :) Nice try... haha

DNF (Hammer) said...

Ok, I totally fell for it!!!! I was sooooo excited! i had the phone in my hand ready to call you guys and i even had some fabric picked out in my mind for a baby blanket! YOU ARE SOOOOOO EVIL! I love you tons and can't wait to see you.

-jamie

Patience said...

AHHHHHHH!!!!! Another one bites the dust.....Yay for you guys!

Nicole Woods said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats! I am so excited for you guys!!!!