7.13.2008

Our Rafting Trip with AWESOME Friends :)

So this is amazing that I am updating the blog right away. But for some reason my email is not working so I am unable to email everyone the pictures right this second.... so... ANYWAY!

Our friends Chris and Patience wanted one last weekend adventure before heading back to dental school Monday morning. The Choice was to come up and go on a rafting trip (since Austin is trained to guide and we have a long time friend who has rafts we can borrow when he is not using them) So we thought HEY we need more than 4 people lets invite our other friends who in from out of town. Jesse is back from China, and his sister Courtney is visiting from Arizona. Austin is like their "adopted" brother. Jesse was hanging out with Austin, Lee, and Brady ALL the time and visa versa. He also brought along his Girl friend Freinchsca from Austria. My Cousin Davin has been wanting to go rafting since last summer so we pulled him from what he was doing and he brought along his girl friend Shawndra. THIS WAS SERIOUSLY THE MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD RAFTING!!! The Group was awesome and there were no dull moments.

There is a series of rapids called Tripple Threat. And on the second threat you have the opportunity to jump off a rock into the rapid and swim down to the Eddie. (river term for where the water is not moving...) Well everyone had gone except Chris, Patience and myself. And we were running out of time. So.. why not right? Davin took us out to the rock to jump out. He went first so we could see how to do it. I then went next and was under water the longest out of everyone. And Not to scare any of you but something touched my foot and ripped off my shoe and left a nice cut right below my big toe. So... that really sucked. But I SURVIVED!!!! So that was crazy fun. we didn't want to loose the camera in the river so we didn't bring it. (honestly we forgot it, but that is what we are saying....ya know save face LOL) THEN there is this other part a little later down the river where you can do a fireman stance. I guess.... anyway. that is where everyone (but the guide) stands on edge of the raft in holds on to each others shoulders and trys to balance down the rapid. Well.... we almost made it. But Chris had it in for Davin so took the opportunity to push him of, thus taking down Shawndra with him... JUST KIDDING!!! HA HA sorry. EVERYONE started losing their balance and Courtney didn't want to take it for the team. It was really funny hearing about her talk about it. She let go of Shawndra and Davin and she flew BACK into the water, and everyone fell forward into the raft. this was all RIGHT before the rapid. So, it was pretty freaking watching Davin and Shawndra swim the rapid (feet first of course) but there arn't any rocks or anything there so there weren't any serious scary stuff. Shawndra had the BIGGEST smile on her face the entire time HA HA she was loving every minute of it!

Well we went a rowing down the river, and had a blast the entire time laughing and just having fun. We attacked a fellow raft with a water fight (we had permission.... there is the CODE LOL) and then everyone started taking everyone else off the raft. Except Patience and my self thank goodness. I was not in the mood to stop breathing again. (or yeah when I jumped in that part of the river was so cold I couldn't breathe even when i wasn't swimming, I started standing up and still couldn't breathe. Davin was laughing at me. It was pretty funny. but still... ) HOWEVER I am proud to say that it took Jesse (the so strong man from china) Davin (a pro jujitsu guy) and Chris (dental hygiene extraordinaire) to get Austin out of the raft. THATS MY HUSBAND!!! :) BUFF MAN GALORE! hee hee.

Anyway, WE HIT TROUBLE MAKER!!!! Thus the pictures below. SO FUNNY! We saw them and were laughing so hard at everyones faces!!!

I will tell you whoevery one is:

Austin is in the back with the brown hat, (going counter clockwise) Shawndra is the one with the huge smile and blue paddle, Courtney has the blue and white paddle, Davin (my cousin) front left, Chris is with the white hat in the front right, Patience has the pink hat and the SUPER EXCITED look on her face, Freinchsca is right behind Patience, and I am behind Freinchsca and there is Jesse sitting and enjoying the ride in the middle allowing GIRLS to paddle. (HAHA) You may need to click and open the pictures to get the full effect. HA HA

Here we are RIGHT before we go into the Rapid

HERE WE GO!!!!!! Shawndra is all Happy go Lucky, Courtney FEIRCE, Davin Ready to ATTACK, Chris Protecting his wife, Patience getting excited, Freinchsca testing her foot cones, ME getting excited to Yell out commands (Austin says I yell out the commands just like he does when we are on this rapid... ha ha I guess it is true though, because I am yelling!! Hooting and hollering and yelling DIG! DIG!! DIG!!!!!) and then Austin OUR FEARLESS LEADER!!!

DAVIN AND CHRIS ARE READY FOR ANYTHING!! WAHOOO!!! And Jesse.. still sitting there enjoying the ride like Michael Jordan. :) HA HA Tongue out and everything :)


Yupe there we go under the water HA HA
GO AUSTIN!!! WAHOO! AMAZING LEADER!!!

Chris and Davin are leading us out!! GO GUYS!!

Patience, Freinchsca, and I swallowed alot of water! HA HA Pray we don't get Gardia (jar-dee-ya) I don't know if that is spelled right but that is how you pronounce it. :)

FUN TIME!!!!! WAHOO!!
BRING IT ON!!!
Ok we are out. :) That was fun guys!!

It was so much fun hanging out with everyone! Such a blast! It is awesome being able to hang out with good friend and on top of it have a really good time :)
We had lunch at Lotus Park (were we pulled out from the river) and then (unfortunatly) had to go our separate ways. Except for Chris and Patience. :) They were staying with us. So we were able to go hang out that night for 2nd Saturday!!! So those pictures will come....soon... hopefully :)

5 comments:

bren said...

That made me really miss rafting, Brother Bacon used to take us all the time for mutual. Looks fun! How did you get all these pictures? That's cool!

Miller Family said...

That made me miss it too Brendi!! What a fun group of people and a fun thing to do with your visiting friends. I'm sure they will visit many more times after a trip like that!

Darin and Kristine said...

Oh my word! You guys look like you are having a BLAST!!! I am so glad all of you were able to go out ... and as much as I loved our rafting experience when we went, I am not ready for this one I don't think :D. I am glad you guys got the pics to mark the occasion!

Love ya

Robyn said...

Oh my gosh this looks like so much fun!!!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

IT IS SO MUCH FUN! I love it! We should all go HA HA

And Mom- that is the exact same rapid we took you on... no different. There is a bit more water. But that is a good thing!

They have companies that sit on the Rocks around the rapids and they take pictures like no other. So you can buy a CD of them afterwards. It was $50, but I think worth it.