7.29.2008

OK.....

So You all know I am in this Book Club now... and I am in a TOTAL pickle...... Well I had August as my month to pick a book and lead the discussion. Well I Chose Julia's Chocolates, by Cathy Lamb. I knew NOTHING about it, other than what Amazon says about it and the zillions of people's comments of how "wonderful" it is/was.





Well I start reading this book, and right from the beginning there is something about it. It is so Depressing..... and Very descriptive about some abuse she went through. BUT then it goes into this scene that involved Quirky Aunt Lydia. Who Feels that Womens Breasts guide women where they should go with their lives and what they should do. (They have a girls night where they all are talking to them and figuring out what the breasts want for their owers live, not sexual, just very funky and funny) well then in the midst of this funky scene she goes off on some abuse thing again. The abuse was making ME quiver. Just... Not good. Ya know? really sad. Well anyway, I finally get 100 or so pages into it (granted there are 400 pages so it possibly gets better....) and say "OK! Enough, this is NOT a book that I feel would be one to discuss in a happy joy luck book club!" Maybe I was wrong.... I don't know... Anyway Well Errin saved the day for sure and suggested another book...

So She will be taking on the Month of August, and I will have September. So I was debating between these following two books. But to be honest I am nervous that I will have "good luck" and pick another Depressing, abuse filled, very descriptive book.

So.. Please tell me, If you have heard of these and if they are good.... OR!!!!!! If you KNOW of any really good books that I could look into!

The Beach house is about an old lady who starts a Bed and Breakfast :) Seems Innocent right? (that is what I thought about a girl who started a chocolate shop....)



Not To Judge a book by its cover but doesn't this LOOK like a cute and happy book! :) I think it does :) It is about a girl in France her live in boy friend and their daughter.
Then realizes she is in a dead end relationship so she starts a blog to vent her feelings and creates friendships that way...

Seems somewhat innocent.... and sweet... until they throw in some Interent dirty talking or something!!!

j/k HA HA sorry I really don't know. I am being REALLY over cautious.... which is silly I am sure.


Thank you so very much! For all your help! :) I will appreciate all of your comments and suggestions.


Oh this picture here.... (really random I know) is one that I took and played around with and Austin and I are thinking about having it screened onto a Duvet or a Wall paper thing for ONE wall and give out bedroom a Black and White Theme. How cool would that be eh?? anyway... let me know about the book suggestions :)

2 comments:

Kristine said...

I checked out these books honey. I don't think they are what you are looking for. May I suggest "The Jane Austen Book Club"? Just a thought.

Love you,

mom

kaelyn&bryan said...

Oh my mom read the Memory Keeper's Daughter and liked it! I'm sorry I can't help you make a decision between the others.. I'm not much of a reader!