6.03.2008

Ashley B-Day Extravaganza!

OK So the day came and past.... I am now officially 23. Still kinda hard to say. However my day was actuall pretty fun :)



The Day unfolds.......



It was a Friday, and I was able to get the day off due to it being my b-day :) SO we slept in a bit ( I love being able to not wake up until after 8 on a WORK DAY brings joy to my soul) and I made a very yummy breakfast :) Lemon Crep Waffles (they were good but I think I would like them better as just regular crepes not the waffle part) with freshly sliced PLACER GROWN strawberries :) (We bought them from the little stand down the road SUPER yummy) and GERMAN hashbrowns. I like those best. And Scrambled Eggs. I took a picture of my yummy pretty plate but, it didn't look the best, so.. Sorry. Imagine it in your mind :) ha ha :) How amazing and yummy my breakfast was. :) Add a Side and Orange Juice and milk and you have it down pat :) (ya know how they always have a glass of OJ and Milk in those cereal commercials? I don't know why but I always want both since seeing those when I was little.... subliminal messages I say... HA HA )



We then got dressed and ready :) And drove to the little (VERY LITTLE) Lincoln Farmers Market and got some yummy Fruit (seriously the best citrus I have ever had)


We were also able to received ZILLIONS of compliments about our cute little Titus and how cute he was and sweet and such a nice dog. This older lady with a German accent wanted to take him home. She kept asking where we got him! and she cried so hard when Sun City said they were not allowed to have dogs. So sad. Anyway, he liked her too. :) It was very cute.


We are cute too.... ;)


After the farmers Market we went on a hike back by the falls. I think it is like 5 miles... 10.... I honestly have no idea. Poor little Titus was dying HA HA Anyway before we could even officially start the hike trail THIS HAPPENS!!!!!!!
A Bird flew over head and attacked poor Austin. I nearly was killed by Austin because before I wiped it off I had to get a picture. IT IS MY BIRTHDAY AND I MUST DOCUMENT THE ENTIRE DAY!! (ha ha) so anyway, I believe the bird intended to hit me, since I was an accompliss while Chris and Patience were chasing birds in San Fran. They already got her good. However he must have heard it was my birthday and redirected his aim last minute.


Me as happy as can be since I have no bird poops on me! :)
So HA HA Titus was dreading the hike. It was so funny. Everytime we walked under shade he would walk so slow, and then once the shade was gone he would speed up. We stopped often for water breaks for the cute little guy. (We brough him a bottle of water and a bowl) and after our first water stop and we had to continue on ward this was his little face.... kinda like "WHAT? are you serious? Nooo!!!" ha ha Don't you think he looks miserable? hee hee..... poor little guy


At our Next water stop I kept trying to get him to pose with a happier look.
So we FINALLY made it to the falls. :) Pretty eh? :) I took some other pictures but it is just kinda difficult to get the idea. So... You will just have to come on the small hike with us :)
WAHOO WE MADE IT! We asked Titus to take a picture of us :)
OK This is at the top of the water fall looking down. See that little Dirt ledge right there, with a orangeish flower thing on it? Yeah, Austin Jumped off from right there into the water. And didn't go feet first. More of a Cannon Ball type landing. We have it on Video. I belive it is over 80 feet. Kinda crazy. But that (without jumping that high) is a fun place to swim. :)
Austin practicing his Praying Mantus (or whatever HA HA)


KISSY KISSY My husband is cute!!
So Titus was afraid to go near the water and kept trying to protect us from going near it! ha ha it was seriously the cutest thing! We couldn't get to far away from him or he would bark uncontrollably (and mind you that ONE person was ALWAYS with him) and he wouldn't be happy again until we were both within distance of him. What a good little protector I say :)


And the hike is done!! I know my hair looks red here, I don't know why.. :S And what a nice little burn with sun spots.. I look GOOODD... (kinda scary really oh well HA HA)
HA HA ok this is really REALLY REALLY funny. Titus was SO dead after the hike was over, he jumped into the back seat and went to sleep :) And for those who know, the road to the falls is somewhat twisty and windy. So everytime we would turn he would roll all over and then look up and be like "what is going on?" then would lay back down. HA HA well I guess he got tired of always looking up, because after a really big turn (LOL) he rolled half way off the seat, and didn't move. Just layed there and accepted his new position. I had to get a picture it was to funny! so his feet stayed on the back seat but his nose is under Austins seat. I helped him back up right after the picture. :)
So we were actually REALLY hungry after the hike and we had a wedding to go to that night, so in order to hurry, we stopped by Rayleys and got some sushi that we could eat really quick and then go get ready. :) I also bought a bag :) Austin gave me so much greif about it, with comments like "You must be the only person under 55 with a bag like that" AND BEG TO DIFFER MY MAN! I have been wanting these bags for FOREVER!! So it was my birthday and I got one!!! we also got little cream puffs for my "birthday cake" before the wedding. :)



Saving the environement!!
Ooo... Looking good!! :)


And I got my wish... (More grocery bags, to irritate and torment my cute husband... ha ha thanks to Amelia's b-day present THANK YOU AGAIN I use them all the time! HA HA Ask Brady and Katie they caught me in the act the other day :))
Austin says I was eating this thing way to messy... I don't see how I am messy?? What whipped cream on my face?? Looks perfectly normal to me (ha ha)
Austin took this of himself.... Makes you want cream puffs huh.. ha ha
Well after the wedding (the next day ha ha) I went and help a friend (Britney) with her Mother's Day floral arangments (computer stuffs mostly, leave the arranging to the pros') and came home and Austin had my present all ready for me :) he wrapped it himself too! Cute huh! (not me the present I actually look horrid :S)
So my instructions were to unwrap it very carfully ha ha....Ok...... and so I gently ripped the paper off. and LOOK WHAT I FOUND!! HA HA He had covered the entire box (under neath the wrapping) with fresh crisp dollar bills) This is me taking a row off very carefully :) and underneath VERY YUMMY CEREAL!!! :) (one of our favorites)



Gotta pose with it :) How often can you take cash and make a head band.... ?? Really.
Ha ha SO I thought I was getting cereal... but No.... Look what was inside the box ....
I actually Took it and dumped it out over my head HA HA but I couldn't upload that picture for some reason. :S


Hmmm it has been a long time that I have been able to fan cash in a long time HA HA (I had a friend who sold his car, and the guy paid him cash so we played in his cash jsut for fun ha ha it was so funny, anyway... not relevent)
Britney also gave me flowers for me to arrange when I got home :) What do you think of my new knowledge of flower arranging ha ha )
Over all awesome birthday. :) I bought my camera and I have it to play with. And believe me I am playing with it. Having so much fun too :)


Hope you all are doing well!

3 comments:

kaelyn&bryan said...

Your birthday looks like it was soo much fun!!! I hope you got my text that day (or night I think it was) that was a crazy day for me.. haha.

Oh and the waterfalls! Haven't been there in a while!! well HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! haha!

Megan said...

what a fun day! happy birthday!

Kristine said...

What a fun day!!! Yea! Love the pictures and the stories. Makes me miss you though.

Love you honey,

mom