So... We pull up to our house last night as usual after coming home from work. And Something is different.
Our Front Door was open. and a lot of lights were on. So, Austin and I walk inside, and the first thing I think is "Hmm... I thought I left my purse on the counter." (FYI I normally don't take my purse to work, since I don't drive and it has been raining so I am not going to go walking around down town Lincoln in the rain. So no reason for it...usually.... stupid me.... the reason why you bring it to work with you is to prevent what is about to happen from happening)
Walking around, we notice our side door is also wide open.
I go to the room, and get my phone that I so stupidly forgot to take to work.
Austin received a call around 4:30ish, saying someone was using his credit card for fraudulent purchases. It was really irritating since that credit card happens to be the credit card we use to purchase things online. AND THAT IS IT! So our thoughts were someone hacked the system and got his credit card.
Well, all of a sudden I am positive. MY PURSE IS GONE! And right when I have that reality check, I kinda freak for a second, and Austin asks if I had my copy of his card in my purse. Yeah I did.
Right then, MY phone rings. I answer. It is my bank in Utah, that I use as an emergency and/or when I am visiting family.
"Hello is this a Ms. Bowden, we have some concerns and would like to clarify those with you."
I blurt out
"MY PURSE WAS STOLEN I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO!! I DON’T HAVE ANYTHING! I JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK!!!"
The lady calmed me down and asked me the security questions,
Then it was official. My purse was stolen. And some scum bags are using my cards and ID for stupid purchases.
So in my moment of shock, I couldn’t think. But I know I had a list of all the banks (luckily no account numbers) on my Budget sheet Katie made for me on my laptop.
I go to my laptop. Ohh.... It isn’t there. It is gone. They took my laptop!!! and my purse!!
Austin starts thinking, OH! ____ was here! I wonder if the door was open prior to him being here or after. Where is the ward Directory?
I go into the front room to get my Primary Bag that has all my church stuff in it. It is a big bag. (I am the primary chorister and because every time I leave something in the closet it gets taken or ruined I decided to keep everything I MAKE personally with me.) Oh... My bag is gone! I had it here! I was working on stuff last night!!!
So now... My Primary Bag is missing, Laptop, and Purse.... with ALL my info in it. Luckily NOT my SS card.
Anyway. We call all the banks, and credit cards then the lines that you are suppose to call to protect your credit from getting screwed over by the jerks doing this to you.
And while waiting for an officer to get there, we started making a list of things that were gone and things in my purse so we would know.
I call my mom, and am like "I can’t believe they didn’t take the camera (our little point and shoot digital camera for fun occasions) and right then I turn around and am staring at what looks like a BLANK spot. My Nikon is gone. My Nikon Camera is gone. My baby!! And the Tripod. No I really freak out and probably said some choice words. I don’t remember that but Austin said I did. I should ask my mom since she was on the phone. I normally never say "choice" words, but... I guess I was angry enough or something.
However My EXTREMELY NICE guitar is still here, So is Austin’s Ipod. Unless they decided to come back after we went to work today.
AHHH! Anyway, not thinking about that. My camera is now gone. I start freaking out a bit, while a cop car pulls up. My poor little kitty is telling me he needs to go outside for the potty, but of course I am to self involved at the moment and pick him up and set him by the other door. NOT THINKING, I then let the officer in and start to smell something.... Fresh.
I go to where the noises are (the cop thought someone might still be in the house so he was "on guard" and my poor little kitty went into the bathroom and left a little present. On a towel that was on the floor.
He probably pulled it down himself. He is actually a very VERY well trained kitty. I have had him for 4 almost 5 years. He is my other baby. And he knows you only go potty outside, in a liter box, or in a bathroom. But because he is a cat, they dig and cover up. Well, he has been known to pull things down so he can Dig and cover up.
ANYWAY sorry to gross everyone out, I don’t want anyone thinking he is horrible. He isn’t. I was horrible because I was not paying attention like I should have. And he normally is outside, and only comes inside on occasion. ANYWAY back to the story,
I clean up the mess and light candles everywhere to prevent Austin from getting sick.
We spoke with the officer for a long time. Giving him numbers and information. He then took fingerprints and put them in an envelope to give to the investigator.
He told us that we should expect to be missing more things, and we need to keep track when it comes to us. He says because of the shock we don’t always realize right away what we are missing. That is SOOOO true. While I was working today I realized more things we are now missing. It comes to you sooo slowly.
Anyway, This is a horrible horrible feeling, and I honestly pray that non of you have to ever feel violated like this.
I put this up here so I don’t have to keep telling the story over and over again. Plus, it is a good way to release your frustrations. Get it on paper.
Anyway, now Austin is telling me we need to get a Dog, A Great Dain to be exact. They are friendly yet very VERy prtective. Well, I dont' know about this, We dont have time for a dog, we work all day! I just don't feel right about it at all what so ever. I am a STRONG believer that you do not have an animal unless you can give that animal ALL the attention it needs.
Example:
Fish need no attention. You clean their water and sprinkle foodon top once a day or every two days. You don't play with them or anything.
Kitties need attention only when they want it. And when they want it they come to you. You feed them and you give them loves and play with them when they come to you, then they go on their way and enjoy their time.
DOGS NEED AND REQUIRE ATTENTION! They are SUCH people creatures. THEY NEED THEIR PEOPLE! And I am extremly strict on that.
Anyway... I don't know what to think anymore. This morning was extremely hectic. I drove to the DMV, was there forever, Of course they can't be considerate of your feelings either. Anyway, moving on... I drove to all the banks and to the Post office to warn them of my keys being gone and how it had my PO Box key on it. I know the chances are small, but the officer told me I should let them know.
Anyway.... I think that is it. I am going to go home.
Thank you for allowing me to rant and rave.
Love ya all!
Be safe!
7 comments:
Man, that's horrible! It's one thing to lose your wallet, (like I did recently) but it's another to actually have some stranger going through your house and things. I hope you guys find whoever it is and get your stuff back. Do you have any idea who it could've been?
p.s. i also need to get your advice on a good camera- you're into photography right? I am looking to get a new one and don't know where to start, so if you have any ideas, let me know. Thanks! :)
That is just so crazy/scary!!! But I did love the way you tell the story. Not that it is different but when a guy tells you(no offense honey) you don't get all the details. I hope everything is ok. We miss you and can't wait to see you in March!
WOW, I can't believe you guys read all that!
Brendi-
Thank you, I Hope we catch them too, but... mainly so they learn that what they did was WRONG SO VERY VERY WRONG!
Camera... You can NEVER go wrong with Nikon.
Are you looking into another Point and Shoot or are you wanting to get into the Lens Cameras :)
I will always say you can NEVER go wrong with a Nikon. I am actually probably going to be getting a Nikon D80 really soon. They are nice, and easy to shoot with.
You could get something even more advanced, but.... If you are still in a learning stage, I wouldn't.
What are you planning on doing with your new camera :)
Jamie-
I know what you mean, Guys can't tells stories very well. They are not into details.
Everything is good, they only took one thing that is no replaceable by insurance. That was my Primary Bag. ALL THE HOURS OF PASTING, DRAWING, CUTTING, and LAMINATING! GONE! I will start over... I think I am the most upset about that. Just because of how long it took to make all the stuff I had in there. Oh well. LIFE GOES ON!
That totally sinks, all that work you did, down the drain.
As far as my camera goes, I am still learning so I prob dont want anything too technical for now but I dont want just a standard dumb camera. I dont know what I want really. But I'll keep a Nikon in mind. I like my camera now, it just has a really slow shutter speed & after two years I still havent read the manual so my pics are blurry sometimes because I dont know exactly what setting to use. But we'll see, I just might look into a Nikon. Thanks!!
I was really sorry this all happened honey. It's sad. And yes, you let me hear some .... shall we say ... 'colorful metaphors'? I don't think you were thinking about what you were saying because you were so upset. I am grateful that you weren't in the house to where they would have done harm to you. Cameras and computers can be replaced ... cute little Ashleys are priceless.
Love you.
mom
man, im really sorry! that has to be the worst feeling :( i hope they catch the jerks...and when they do...I PITY THE FOO'!
Post a Comment