
Defining Marriage - By Steve Hanson
We are not a genderless society. It is not discrimination to recognize this. Our very existence depends on the differences between men and women. Both are necessary for procreation to take place and for the most effective nurturing of each succeeding generation. Since the beginning of human history, marriage has been the societal contract that fosters these innate differences and reconciles them into a union that benefits society as a whole. Marriage is not simply a legal contract between two human beings. It is society’s recognition of its very makeup and what it needs to do to survive. Marriage is between a man and woman. Anything else is not marriage. To change this is not only to ignore what exists, but to pull a thread that will likely unravel society as we know it.This was recently emailed to me and I thought it was quite profound.
***DISCLAIMER: I AM IN NO WAY PREJUDICE AGAINST HOMOSEXUALS OR LESBIANS, HOWEVER, I DO BELIEVE MARRIAGE IS SACRED AND ORDAINED OF GOD FOR A MAN AND WOMAN TO WED.
*** PLEASE HELP ME SUPPORT PROP 8, IN PROTECTING MARRIAGE!!!
1 comment:
I am so there! I am in agreement!!
love you,
Post a Comment